Weapon permits will be accepted at the door of the Sheriff's Office. Please have application, training documentation, picture ID and fees due readily available. The fee for a new concealed carry permit is $50 and the fee for a renewal is $25. The fee for a permit to acquire is $25. If you have any questions feel free to call the Sheriff's Office at 712-433-1414.
Permits to purchase a handgun are valid for five years and cost $25.00. Permits to carry are valid for five years and cost $50.00, renewal is $25.00. REMEMBER ! You must fill out a renewal form at least 30 days prior or up to 30 days after your expiration.
- New permits;
- 1 - Copy of honorable discharge from military - DD214.
- 2 - Certificate from an ILEA or NRA hand gun class.
- 3 - Certificate from an online interactive class by NRA or ILEA instructor.
- Permit to Carry Application
- Permit to Purchase Application
- If you have had a permit to carry at any time since 2012 you are exempt from training as holding a permit is proof you have had training.
- You must file for renewal 30 days before and up to 30 days after your expiration date on your current card or your application will be considered a new permit request.